Important things to know before you register for a TEAS Exam
Before you register for the ATI TEAS Exam, contact the school(s) to which you are applying. They will provide important deadline dates for applying to the school, as well as information on where you should take your ATI TEAS Exam, and more.
Be sure to have the following details prior to registering for the TEAS.
- Identify how you’ll take the ATI TEAS exam. You have several options on where you can take your TEAS Exam. However, many schools will want you to test through their campus. This is very important to check with the school where you plan to apply prior to registering for a TEAS exam. The options for taking your ATI TEAS Exam include
- TEAS at Institution - this can be taken either online at home or in-person at a school or school testing center and is proctored by the school. Some schools have you register for the TEAS through their school website or through ATI's website. You will need to check with the school where you plan to apply to understand their admissions requirements prior to registering for the TEAS.
- TEAS at ATI - this is an online exam that can be taken at a remote location such as your home. This exam is proctored by ATI using Resondus. Registration for this exam is through www.atitesting.com.
- TEAS at PSI - this is an in-person exam taken at a PSI testing location. There are PSI testing locations located across the United States available for in-person TEAS exams. Registration for this exam is through ATI.
- If you are taking a remote proctored TEAS exam (at-home), there are certain system/computer requirements. Please review these system requirements prior to registering and paying for an exam.
- Government Issued ID Requirements:
- You will need to have a physical copy of your government-issued ID (i.e., current and valid Passport, Driver’s License, State ID Card) present and available at the time of testing (including remote and in-person testing). Please note that we cannot accept a digital copy or a photo of your ID, and the name on your ID must match the name you used when you registered for your exam.
The cost of the ATI TEAS proctored exam varies by where you take your exam. On average, the cost of the ATI TEAS exam is about $120. For more information, follow this link.
- The score you need on the ATI TEAS Exam to be accepted into the program. Most schools will share this cut-score with applicants. Example of your score report
- How long it takes before you get your TEAS Exam results (immediate or 48-72 business hours). This could affect your application date. Be sure you give yourself enough time to submit your transcript. This depends on where you take your ATI TEAS exam.
- The last date to submit your ATI TEAS Exam results.
- The School Second-Attempt Policy: Many schools have a 30-day wait period before you can test again, or limit the number of times you can take the TEAS Exam.
- The total number of ATI TEAS Exam attempts allowed in one year. On average, schools only allow 3 TEAS Exam attempts per year. Each time you take the TEAS exam, it counts as an attempt even if you decide not to submit your transcript to a school. This number is reported and updated to each school where you submit your TEAS results.
- The school's transcript policy. Will they accept your TEAS Exam Results (TEAS Transcript) if you took the exam at another school, testing center or TEAS at ATI? Some schools will not accept transcripts from TEAS exams taken at a location other than their testing facilities.
- If you need a testing accommodation, please understand how and when to submit your accommodations request. Some schools request over 30 days of submission prior to your TEAS exam.
ATI has a fairly strict refund/reschedule policy. Once you have made a purchase for an exam, your purchase is final. In order to obtain a refund or reschedule a TEAS Exam, you will need to provide documentation for your request. For more information, please visit the reschedule policy. This is why it is very important to understand the admissions policies for each of the schools where you will submit your application prior to registering for a TEAS exam.
For more information on ATI TEAS Registration, visit our ATI TEAS Registration Page.