Step-by-step instructions with visuals on how to get started with your remote (at-home) TEAS at ATI exam.
Instructions for TEAS at ATI Exams
ATI will utilize Respondus LockDown Browser for all TEAS at ATI exams. LockDown Browser is a locked browser used when taking ATI remote proctored assessments.
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh, and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts, and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for scoring
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Please follow the steps below to install the Respondus LockDown Browser on your computer or iPad and start your ATI TEAS Dry Run Assessment.
Step 1: Check your System Requirements
Step 2: Log into your ATI Account
Step 3: Install the Respondus LockDown browser onto your system
Step 4: Start the Respondus System Pre-Checks
ATI does not consider technical issues on the tester’s computer or Internet to be a valid reason for a refund or free rescheduling exception. Please make sure all technical requirements are met before the start time of the assessment and use the Dry-Run assessment to test your system.
NOTE: You must start your exam at the stated start time. We recommend you start this process 30 minutes prior to the start of your TEAS exam. If you do not start the exam within 30 minutes of the official start time, you will not be able to test. Exams will not be refunded or rescheduled due to late arrival.
Step 1: System Requirements for TEAS at ATI Exams
May use any laptop, desktop, or iPad as long as it has the following operating system listed below.
IMPORTANT: Google Chromebooks are not supported by ATI for remote testing at this time.
Windows: 11 and 10*
* Includes x86 32 and 64bit processors and ARM 64bit processors using x86 emulation.
* Windows 10/11 "S mode" is not a compatible operating system, nor can LockDown Browser be obtained via the Windows App Store. At present, support for Windows 10/11 "S Mode" isn’t on the roadmap for LockDown Browser.
Mac: macOS 10.12 or higher
ChromeOS: AT this time, ATI does not support the use of Google Chromebooks.
iPadOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. The LockDown Browser iPad app is not compatible with Sakai LMS servers. All Sakai users will need to use a computer with a compatible operating system.
Windows: 4 GB RAM (A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
Mac: 4 GB RAM (A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
Hard Disk Space
Windows: 200 MB of free hard disk space
Mac: 200 MB of free hard disk space
- Web camera (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
- An internet connection of at least 5 Mbps (ideally 10+ Mbps). Test internet speed using
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: Administrator rights to install Respondus LockDown Browser on the computer. If you are borrowing a computer from a family member or a friend, please make sure they can help you download the lockdown browser onto that system prior to your dry run and proctored TEAS exam.
Set Yourself Up for Success prior to your starting your dry run or proctored ATI TEAS Exam
- Ensure you are using a fully charged device or use it while plugged in
- Check to see if your camera works using https://webcamtests.com
- Check your microphone works using https://www.onlinemictest.com
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available. The identification must include your full name and a picture and must match the name you used at the time of registration.
- Find a well-lit space and be ready for a desk scan prior to the assessment. Read this article for room setup suggestions.
- One piece of blank paper is to be used during the ATI TEAS proctored exam. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam. (A desktop dry-erase whiteboard can be used instead of paper)
- Headphones are NOT allowed unless you have an approved accommodation submitted to the Proctor department.
Step 2: Log Into Your ATI Account
Go to www.atitesting.com/login using either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari internet browsers and enter your username and password
NOTE: If you do not have an ATI TEAS Proctored Assessment Card on the Assessments tab, manually enter the Assessment ID
You will need to manually enter the assessment ID if the ATI TEAS test card doesn’t automatically display on the Test tab. You should have received your Assessment/Product ID in an email from ATI following your TEAS at ATI registration and 24 hours prior to your exam.
Note: If you did not receive an Assessment/Product ID, contact ATI at 1-844-956-2790 (this number is active only on test day) or email at email@example.com
If you have already completed your ATI TEAS Dry Run and downloaded Respondus onto your system, you may skip to Step 4 - Start Respondus Pre-Checks. Otherwise, continue with Step 3.
Step 3: Download the Respondus LockDown Browser
Mac/Windows users: If your testing window does not show on the full screen, this may be related to display settings on your computer. For high-resolution monitors, try changing your display settings to 3840 x 2160 resolution using 200% scaling.
iPad Users: you will be downloading and installing the Respondus LockDown Browser from the App Store.
You will be required to lock in the orientation of the iPad before beginning the
exam. Please prop the iPad vertically so that it faces you. We recommend using a case or stand and an external keyboard if you own one. Do not lay the iPad on a flat surface.
Important: Administrator rights are required to install Respondus onto your desktop, laptop, or iPad. If you have these rights, proceed with the download. If you are using a device that belongs to a family member or friend, please have them approve and enter their credentials for the download of the Respondus LockDown Browser onto their system.
STEP 4: Start the Respondus system pre-checks
Before starting the system pre-checks, please make sure you have closed all other applications open on your system except for the browser you are using to log into ATI. If you don't, you will be prompted by Respondus to have the program close them for you. And make sure your computer is fully charged or plugged in. For Tips on room setup for a remote at-home exam, please read this article.
GUIDELINES AND TIPS
PHOTO OF ID
To request a name change on your ATI Account, please visit this article.
The #1 reason students have their exam stopped or flagged during a remote exam is because they didn't take a picture of their ID during this pre-check process or the name on their ID does not match the name on their ATI Account.
FACIAL DETECTION CHECK
NOTE: If you mess up taking a photo of yourself or your ID, you can close out of the respondus program and start the process again. You can do this prior to beginning the exam.
STEP 5: Take Your TEAS Exam
Once the exam begins, a “Recording” icon will appear at the top right of the screen.
Do not attempt to exit the exam until you’re finished. Additionally, you won’t be able to print, copy, access other applications, or go to other websites during the exam.
When the exam is submitted for grading, the webcam will stop recording and you may exit LockDown Browser.
TEAS at ATI Exam Support:
- Emergency Reschedule/Reimbursement: If you have an emergency, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation of the emergency. Emergency reschedules or reimbursements are individually reviewed and must have proper documentation including medical documentation for serious illness, police reports for accidents, etc.
- General customer service prior to your ATI TEAS exam: Contact ATI Support at 1-800-667-7531.
- For Issues with Assessment ID or Any Test Day issues: Contact email@example.com or 1-844-956-2790. (This number is only available during exam hours and only for TEAS at ATI exams).