What are the system requirements for an at-home TEAS exam proctored by an institution?
Remote TEAS exams proctored by institutions or testing centers use the Proctorio platform for secure remote testing from home or other remote locations. Here are the system requirements for the use of Proctorio:
- You must use the most recent version of the Google Chrome internet browser (Download) for the dry run and the proctored remote TEAS exam. Already have Google Chrome? Instructions for checking your version and updating.
- Test on a PC or a Mac (a phone or tablet cannot be used):
- PC – Windows 10 or later, minimum resolution 1024 x 600
- Mac – Mac OS® X 10.11 or later, minimum resolution 1024 x 600
- Disable your popup blocker in Google Chrome.
- Have a microphone – either internal or external.
- Have a webcam (minimum resolution 320x240 VGA) – either internal or external.
- Ensure that your internet speed is at least 0.5 - 1 Mbps. You can test your internet speed using speedtest.net.
Set Yourself Up for Success:
Ensure you are using a fully charged device.
Check to see if your camera works using https://webcamtests.com
Check your microphone works using https://www.onlinemictest.com
Ensure you have a strong internet connection. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net
Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
Find a well-lit space and be ready for a desk scan prior to the assessment. For tips on room setup - check out this article.
One piece of blank paper is to be used during the TEAS proctored assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
- Complete the TEAS Dry Run prior to your proctored exam.
ATI does not consider technical issues on the tester’s computer or Internet to be a valid reason for a refund or free reschedule exception. Please make sure all technical requirements are met before the start time of the assessment and use the Dry-Run assessment if necessary to test your system