Step-by-step instructions to register for a TEAS Exam proctored in-person/on-campus at an institution or testing center.
Have you been instructed by the school in which you’re applying to register for the in-person version of the ATI TEAS? Please review these helpful tips prior to registering for an ATI TEAS Exam.
Let’s get started
The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) Assessment measures your general knowledge in various content areas. Your performance indicates your readiness to begin a course of healthcare studies and is a predictive measure of your future success.
Follow the steps below to register and prepare for an in-person exam at an institution or testing center.
- Register for the ATI TEAS In-Person Exam
- ATI TEAS in-person Quick Tips
- TEAS Test Day: What to Bring to your Exam
- TEAS Test Day: What Not to Bring
- TEAS Test Day: What to Expect
Register for the ATI TEAS In-Person Exam
ATI TEAS in-person at an Institution or Testing Center Quick Tips:
- Your institution will communicate whether your in-person TEAS exam will be online via a computer in the testing center or paper-pencil.
- If you are taking the online version, a four-function drop-down calculator is built into the exam (multiplication, addition, subtraction, and division). If you are taking the paper-pencil version of the TEAS, a four-function calculator will be provided to you by the proctor.
- Plan to arrive at the testing center at least 15 minutes prior to the exam start time. Students arriving after the exam start time will not be allowed to take the TEAS exam.
- Plan on 4 hours maximum to complete your TEAS exam.
- TEAS exams cannot be rescheduled or reimbursed. If you have an emergency, please follow these rescheduling rules/instructions.
TEAS TEST DAY: What to bring to your TEAS Exam
- Photo ID: To be admitted to your testing session, you must present government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or green card.
- Current photograph
- Examinee signature
- Permanent address
- Please note: a credit card photo, temporary license, or student ID do NOT meet these criteria.
- You will not be admitted to the test if you do not have your ID or if your ID does not meet the requirements.
- ATI log-in information: If you’re taking an online exam, please bring your ATI log-in information. You will need to create a student account at www.atitesting.com prior to test day (this was most likely done during registration) and have your log-in information with you. Test-takers who do NOT have their ATI username and password will not be able to take the exam.
- Additional items required by school: Please refer to the confirmation email you received following your ATI TEAS registration. Some schools require students to bring additional items for exam day.
If you’re taking a paper-pencil exam, please bring two sharpened No. 2 pencils with attached erasers. No other writing instruments are allowed.
What Not to Bring to Your In-Person ATI TEAS Exam
Leave the following items at home or in your car, as they are not permitted in the exam room:
- Additional apparel: This includes, but is not limited to, jackets, coats, hats, and sunglasses. Discretionary allowances are made for religious apparel. All apparel is subject to inspection by the proctor.
- Personal items: These include, but are not limited to, purses, computer bags, backpacks, and duffel bags.
- Electronics: These include, but are not limited to, cell phones, smartphones, beepers/pagers, calculators (will be provided), and digital or smartwatches.
- Food or drink: This is only permitted as a documented, medically necessary item.
What to Expect on your TEAS Exam Test Day
- Testing staff will check your photo ID, admit you to your test room, and direct you to a seat.
- Physically present proctors in the room are monitoring for odd or disruptive behavior. Do not engage in misconduct or disruption. If you do, you will be dismissed, and your exam will not be scored.
- A four-function calculator will be provided by the testing center. You will not be allowed to use the calculators that you have brought from home.
- The proctor will provide you with scratch paper for use during the exam. Scratch paper is not to be used before the exam or during breaks. All paper, in its entirety, must be returned to the proctor at the end of the testing session.
- After the Mathematics section, you make take a 10-minute break. During the break, DO NOT access any personal items.
- If you need to leave your seat at any time other than the scheduled break, raise your hand for the proctor. Time for the exam section will not stop. Lost time cannot be made up.
- If during the exam, you have a technical issue with your computer, or for any reason need the proctor, raise your hand.
- Test challenges or testing-room complaints should be reported to the proctor before leaving the room on exam day.
Take the ATI TEAS Assessment
The proctor will give you the test/product ID with instructions on where to enter that information to launch your exam.
ATI TEAS Transcripts for In-Person TEAS Exams at Institutions
Your Official TEAS Transcript that was included with your TEAS registration will automatically be sent to the school where you tested. You do not need to take any action to send this transcript!
If you would like to send your results to schools other than where you tested, you may purchase additional transcript credits to send to those schools under the MY RESULTS tab and then click Share Results as indicated above.
ATI TEAS Customer Service
- General customer service prior to your ATI TEAS exam: Contact ATI Support at 1-800-667-7531.