Instructions for the ATI TEAS exam dry run that must be completed prior to your exam day.
Dry Run Instructions for TEAS at ATI Exams
ATI will utilize the Respondus LockDown Browser for all TEAS at ATI exams. The LockDown Browser is a locked browser used when taking ATI remote proctored assessments.
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh, and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts, and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for scoring
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Please follow the steps below to install the Respondus LockDown Browser on your computer or iPad and start your ATI TEAS Dry Run Assessment.
Step 1: Check your System Requirements
Step 2: Log into your ATI Account
Step 3: Install the Respondus LockDown browser onto your system
Step 4: Start the Respondus System Pre-Checks
ATI does not consider technical issues on the tester’s computer or Internet to be a valid reason for a refund or free rescheduling exception. Please make sure all technical requirements are met before the start time of the assessment and use the Dry-Run assessment to test your system.
Step 1: System Requirements for TEAS at ATI Exams
May use any laptop, desktop, or iPad as long as it has the following operating system listed below.
IMPORTANT: Google Chromebooks are not supported for TEAS at ATI remote (at-home) testing at this time.
Windows: 11 and 10*
* Includes x86 32 and 64bit processors and ARM 64bit processors using x86 emulation.
* Windows 10/11 "S mode" is not a compatible operating system, nor can LockDown Browser be obtained via the Windows App Store. At present, support for Windows 10/11 "S Mode" isn’t on the roadmap for LockDown Browser.
Mac: macOS 10.12 to 12.0+
ChromeOS: AT this time, ATI does not support the use of Google Chromebooks.
iPadOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. The LockDown Browser iPad app is not compatible with Sakai LMS servers. All Sakai users will need to use a computer with a compatible operating system.
Windows: 2 GB RAM (A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
Mac: 2 GB RAM (A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.)
Hard Disk Space
Windows: 200 MB of free hard disk space
Mac: 200 MB of free hard disk space
- Web camera (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
- An internet connection of at least 5 Mbps (ideally 10+ Mbps). Test internet speed using
- Administrator rights to install Respondus LockDown Browser. If you are borrowing a computer from a family member or a friend, please make sure they can help you download the lockdown browser onto that system prior to your dry run and proctored TEAS exam.
Set Yourself Up for Success prior to your starting your dry run or proctored ATI TEAS Exam
- Ensure you are using a fully charged device or use it while plugged in
- Check to see if your camera works using https://webcamtests.com
- Check your microphone works using https://www.onlinemictest.com
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
- Find a well-lit space and be ready for a desk scan prior to the assessment. Read this article for room setup suggestions.
- One piece of blank paper to be used during the ATI TEAS proctored exam. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
Step 2: Log Into Your ATI Account
Go to www.atitesting.com/login using either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari internet browsers and enter your username and password
NOTE: If you do not have a TEAS Remote Proctoring Dry Run Card – you can manually load the card by selecting the ADD PRODUCT button on the right side of your screen and entering the product ID: 18904477 and password: respondus. If you have questions about the TEAS Dry Run, please email email@example.com.
Step 3: Download the Respondus LockDown Browser
Note: On iPads, you will be downloading and installing the Respondus LockDown Browser from the App Store.
Important: Administrator rights are required to install Respondus onto your desktop, laptop or iPad. If you have these rights, proceed with the download. If you are using a device that belongs to a family member or friend, please have them approve and enter their credentials for the download of the Respondus LockDown Browser onto their system.
STEP 4: Start the Respondus system pre-checks
Before starting the system pre-checks, please make sure you have closed all other applications open on your system except for the browser you are using to log into ATI. If you don't, you will be prompted by Respondus to have the program close them for you. And make sure your computer is fully charged or plugged in. For Tips on room set up for a remote at-home exam, please read this article.
STEP 5: Take Your TEAS Exam
Once the exam begins, a “Recording” icon will appear at the top right of the screen.
Do not attempt to exit the exam until you’re finished. Additionally, you won’t be able to print, copy, access other applications, or go to other websites during the exam.
When the exam is submitted for grading, the webcam will stop recording and you may exit LockDown Browser.
ATI TEAS Dry Run Support
General customer service: Contact ATI Support at 1-800-667-7531 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.