These are the system requirements for an at-home TEAS at ATI exam.
ATI will be utilizing the Respondus LockDown Browser for all TEAS at ATI Exams. Respondus is a locked browser used when taking ATI proctored assessments. It prevents you from copying, printing, visiting another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If an ATI test requires the LockDown Browser to be used, you will not be able to take the test with a standard web browser. Your exam will be recorded and accessed if there is a reason to believe the test protocol has been breached.
Computer Operating Systems including Apple iPad
ChromeOS: AT this time, ATI does not support the use of Google Chromebooks for online, remote (at-home) TEAS at ATI exams.
- Windows: 11 and 10*
* Includes x86 32 and 64bit processors and ARM 64bit processors using x86 emulation.
* Windows 10/11 "S mode" is not a compatible operating system, nor can LockDown Browser be obtained via the Windows App Store. At present, support for Windows 10/11 "S Mode" isn’t on the roadmap for LockDown Browser.
* Windows 10/11 "SE" is currently not a compatible operating system for LockDown Browser.
- Mac: macOS 10.13 to 13.0+
- iPadOS: 11.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. The LockDown Browser iPad app is not compatible with Sakai LMS servers. All Sakai users will need to use a computer with a compatible operating system.
- ChromeOS: AT this time, ATI does not support the use of Google Chromebooks.
Computer Memory Requirements
- Windows: A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.
- Mac: A minimum of 4GB of available RAM is necessary when using LockDown Browser to take an exam that also uses a webcam.
Hard Disk Space
- Windows: 200 MB of free hard disk space
- Mac: 200 MB of free hard disk space
Other System Requirements:
- Webcam (minimum resolution 320x240 VGA) – either internal or external.
- Microphone (internal or external)
- An internet connection of at least 5 Mbps (ideally 10+ Mbps). Test internet speed using www.speedtest.net
- Administrator rights to install Respondus lockdown browser. Please Note: You will be downloading an alternative browser on your computer in order to take the TEAS at ATI exam remotely. You will need to have admin rights in order to download this lockdown browser.
If you have any questions about TEAS at ATI system requirements, please email your question to ATI TEAS Proctors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set Yourself Up for Success:
Ensure you are using a fully charged device.
Check to see if your camera works using https://webcamtests.com
Check your microphone works using https://www.onlinemictest.com
Ensure you have a strong internet connection. You can test your internet speed using www.speedtest.net
Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
Find a well-lit space and be ready for a desk scan prior to the assessment. For tips on room setup - check out this article.
One piece of blank paper is to be used during the TEAS proctored assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
ATI does not consider technical issues on the tester’s computer or Internet to be a valid reason for a refund or free reschedule exception. Please make sure all technical requirements are met before the start time of the assessment and use the Dry-Run assessment if necessary to test your system