The ATI TEAS, Version 7 will no longer consist solely of multiple-choice questions, new question types are being introduced. The ATI TEAS, Version 7 will be released June 3, 2022.
The ATI TEAS, Version 7 Exam will introduce alternate item-type questions. Approximately 20% of question types on the ATI TEAS, Version 7 will consist of alternate item types. These question types are common within nursing and allied health programs and help assess the student's level of understanding of a concept. All answers will be scored correct or incorrect. No partial credit will be given to these alternate item-type questions. ATI TEAS, Version 7 question types include:
- Multiple-Choice Item Types: questions that have four answer options with only one option as the correct answer. In addition to text, some multiple-choice items include charts, exhibits, and graphics.
- Alternate Item Types: These refer to questions that are not your standard multiple-choice, single answer questions. Currently, there are four different alternate item type questions on the ATI TEAS, Version 7 exam:
- Multiple Select items: Students will be presented with a list of four or more possible answers to a question and more than 1 may be correct. There will be a note on these question types to “select all that apply.” To answer the question correctly, the student must select all correct answers. If all correct answers are not selected, then the question is incorrect. No partial credit is given.
- Supply Answer items: This question type requires students to provide the answer to the question or “fill in the blank” without a set of options. Answers may be text or numerical values.
- Hot Spot items: These questions include an image with two to five clickable areas. Students are required to click on the area of the image identified as the correct response.
- Ordered Response items: These questions require students to place a set of response options in the correct order. Students drag between four and six response options from a box on the left to an empty box on the right. The question is answered correctly only if the student places all the correct options in the correct order within the box on the right. If an option is out of order, then the question is incorrect. No partial credit will be given.